DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE IF YOU SUSPECT YOUR COMPUTER IS BEING MONITORED.
Find a safe way to use the internet by accessing a safe computer. Even if you take cautionary steps such as using an email that your abuser cannot access or deleting stored information from your web browser, your abuser may be able to see what web sites you have been visiting and emails you have been sending.
Cost of Sexual Violence in Minnesota– A report from the Minnesota Department of Health
5 Steps to Protecting Our Children- A Guide for Responsible Adults- from Darkness to Light
Here are a list of our favorite resources for help and healing:
Organizations to receive more information:
- BWJP (Battered Women’s Justice Project) – federal program
- Standpoint ( formerly Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project)
- Choose Respect – School-based curriculum for teens
- MASV (Men Against Sexual Violence)
- MCBW (Minnesota Coalition For Battered Women)
- MINCAVA (Minnesota Center Against Violence and Abuse)
- MNALL (Minnesota Network on Abuse in Later Life)
- MNCASA (Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault)
- Nat’l Teen Dating Abuse Helpline – for teens and parents of teens
- Nat’l Ctr for Trauma-Informed Care – information about healing
- NCADV (National Coalition Against Domestic Violence)
- NNEDV (National Network to End Domestic Violence)
- PCAR (Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape)
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network)
- SMRLS (Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services)
- VictimLaw – online database of state, federal, and tribal victims’ rights laws
- WomensLaw – free access to legal information
The 2015 Femicide Report has been released and is available by clicking here.
You can see our registration with the Charities Division of the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office by clicking here.
The Minnesota Office of Justice Programs produced a state-wide summary of service statistics for FY2015, which is available by clicking here.
As a recipient of state funds we abide by the following Best Practice Standards.
- What You Should Know
- Equality Wheel
- Power & Control Wheel
- What Is Domestic Abuse?
- A Guide for Friends & Family
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Harassment (Spanish)
- Contact Sheet
Grocery bag decorated by a local child during Child Abuse Awareness Month.