Volunteer & Training Materials
You will make a difference and contribute to social change!
Become a Volunteer Today!
Imagine a world where every home is filled with love, understanding, and respect. Sadly, not everyone has that sanctuary. But here's the beautiful thing – you have the power to make a difference. By volunteering you become a beacon of hope for those seeking shelter from life's storms. You provide a listening ear, a comforting hug, and a safe space. It's more than just giving your time; it's about changing lives. Let's create a ripple effect of kindness and love, one person at a time.
As a Volunteer, you will:
- Put your beliefs into action.
- Get the kind of real-world experience employers look for.
- Connect with a lively and committed group of advocates.
- Undergo training according to state guidelines that will leave you certified, prepared, and empowered.
- Participate in diverse life experiences that foster real personal growth.
- Know that you are doing something that really matters!
We will support you with:
- Monthly meetings and mailings to keep you informed and give support.
- A staff member is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- As advocates, we all advocate for and support each other.
- Many county agencies collaborate with us, including law enforcement, prosecutors, social services, businesses, and local service organizations.
Get Started Now!
Contact HOPE Center for an application. Our trainings have limited seating and will fill up fast.
Volunteer Opportunities at the HOPE Center
Answer the crisis phone on nights and weekends. Provide understanding, support, empathy, and information to callers in varying degrees of danger and distress.
Help in our efforts to provide services to underserved communities. Give aid and comfort to people of color, people with disabilities, and people rejected by society.
Support Group Facilitator
Help survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and child abuse work toward emotional healing and living full lives.
Assist in systems change by educating and enlightening society about violence against women and children.
Projects and Office Support
Help with fundraising events, data entry, development of materials, answering phones, and other tasks as needed.
Become involved with projects such as Domestic Violence, Child Abuse, and Sexual Assault Awareness months.
Improve awareness of intimate violence issues and our services so everyone recognizes the dynamics and knows where to go if they have been victimized.
We value your ideas. If you have a new volunteer opportunity just waiting for big-hearted individuals like you. Dive in, be that helping hand and listening ear for someone in their moment of need.
How much do you know about domestic violence?
Click the button and take the quiz.